Qatar is a peninsula Arab country and a regular stopover destination. Whether your clients are scheduled for a short visit or a full trip, introduce this top destination as an alternative to places they have already seen. Full of tradition, adventure, and shopping, Qatar offers a stunning welcome back to the joy of traveling.
This year, however, the best part about this vacation is the Formula 1 Qatar Grand Prix in Doha! With Sky Bird Travel & Tours, you’ll get the best deals AND the best information about this year’s Qatar Grand Prix – F1!
Popular Attractions in Qatar
- Katara Cultural Village – Site of numerous cultural performances, art galleries, and workshops.
- The Pearl-Qatar – This manmade island offshore of Doha, described as the “Arabian Riviera,” offers luxurious shopping and dining throughout a Mediterranean-like marina.
- Qatar National Library – Access over a million books and dive into Qatar’s enriching history.
- Qanat Quartier – Venice-style neighborhood, split by a canal, that features boutique shopping, numerous cafes, and Instagram-worthy vistas.
- Souq Waqif – Step back in time to Doha’s old trading market and shop among the winding alleyways.
Adventures in Qatar
- Bedouin-style tents – Daytime, evening, or overnight camping trips through Bedouin-style camps, equipped with modern comforts, in the desert.
- Khor Al Adaid – The Inland Sea or Khor Al Adaid is located in the southeast corner of Qatar. It’s the country’s largest natural reserve and one of the few places in the world where the sea meets the desert. Home to wildlife, marine life, and vegetation, clients will enjoy spotting turtles, flamingos, dugongs, Arabian oryx, camels, and more!
- View-of-Qatar – Book a skydiving plunge over Qatar for a truly exhilarating experience that clients won’t forget. For clients who want to see Qatar from above, but aren’t quite sold on skydiving, we suggest trying out paragliding. Paragliding offers a completely different perspective of the landscape. Vast skies, strong winds, and unique terrain make Qatar the perfect destination for flying in the sky.
- Water Adventures – Clients can dive in the Arabian coast to access wrecks, deep waters, and reefs. Send them kitesurfing over Qatar’s crystal waters. We recommend a visit to the country’s unspoiled beaches and coastlines for sunbathing, water sports, or cabana living. Book your clients a kayaking adventure through the Al Thakira Mangroves. Experience Qatari Dhow cruises (Mahmal) for a taste of Qatar’s seafaring history.
Health and Wellness in Qatar
After a long day of adventures, exploring, entertainment, or just recovering from the previous year, indulge clients with a trip to one of Qatar’s numerous spas. They can relax with traditional massages and body treatments/facials, or try something new like a lava shell massage.
Family Fun in Qatar
- KidzMondo Doha – Inside the Mall of Qatar is a kid-sized city that offers a unique edutainment concept to provide learning solutions for children.
- Doha Festival City – Entertainment centers include the Angry Birds World theme park, the winter-themed Snow Dunes, and the Middle East’s first dedicated e-gaming hub, Virtuocity. Also included are several indoor shopping malls that host scads of indoor recreational facilities. Alongside incredible shopping, skating rinks, arcade gaming, multi-screen movie theatres, park-style amusement rides, and more are offered!
- Kahrama Awareness Park in Al Thumama – Offers a great opportunity for clients to teach their kids the importance of resource conservation with 3D films, interactive games, and augmented reality exhibitions.
- Al Thuraya Planetarium – A blend of education and entertainment, the planetarium offers a full-dome digital system to experience earth sciences and astronomy like never before.
- Museum of Islamic Art – A flagship of Qatar museums, the art museum displays work and history from three continents over 1,400 years. It holds itself as, “a center of knowledge and inspiration that illuminates the world of Islamic art”.
- Qatar Children’s Museum – Qatar’s newest museum offers indoor, outdoor, and interactive experiences for families to learn and grow together. This is a must-go for clients who are exploring Qatar with kids.
Entertainment Centers in Qatar
- Indoor amusement parks – Located throughout Doha, including Gondolania, Jungle Zone, Circus Land, ice skating rinks, and boat rides.
- Pearl Island – Hosts the Megapolis and Minipolis Entertainment Centers for endless indoor games and activities.
- Tawar Mall – Mesmerizing acrobats defy gravity during shows.
- The Museum of Illusions – Offers intriguing visual and interactive exhibits based on optical illusions.
Wildlife in Qatar
Offer your clients that chance to discover the majestic wildlife of Qatar. Your clients can see Arabian oryxes, desert hares, golden jackals, camels, long-eared bats, honey badgers, sand foxes, and gazelles. Don’t forget to suggest your clients visit during the winter season (November to April) when hundreds of flamingos flock to the shores from Europe, Siberia, and Africa.
Shopping in Qatar
Shopping in Qatar is unrivalled to anything your shopaholic clients have experienced before. Its malls not only host tons of luxury and street brands, but also feature several amusement park rides, live shows, and recreational activities like bowling and rock climbing.
Qatar’s Top Shopping Malls:
For a more authentic shopping experience, aim clients to Qatar’s souqs. Souqs are local markets that vend merchant goods and regional spices. Clients will find the most unique souvenirs among these booths. Suggest visiting the Souq Waqif in Doha, one of the most popular in the country, or the beachside Souq Waqif Al Wakra.
UNESCO Sites in Qatar
- Barzan Towers – Also known as the Umm Salal Mohammed, these watchtowers from the late 19th century are a unique oasis of history and sea gazing.
- Al Zubarah Fort – This ancestral pearl fishing and trading port is now Qatar’s largest heritage site with an impressive city wall, palaces, houses, markets, and mosques.
Book Travel to Qatar Today!
There is much to choose from when it comes to planning the ultimate stay in Qatar. Design the perfect trip for your clients with the all-inclusive WINGS Booking Engine. You’ll access exclusive deals on airfare as you book your clients’ flights and be able to book hotels, car rentals, activities, and more on the same platform.
Or, call one of our dedicated travel agents to discuss customized travel packages for the Formula 1 Qatar Grand Prix 2023. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for both you and your clients!