Sky Bird Covid-19 Disclaimer & Release Notice
Before making or finalizing arrangements for your trip through Sky Bird Travel, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Health Risks and Other Hazards: You agree that it is your personal decision to travel and that you do so under full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions in regard to the risks of COVID-19. Sky Bird Travel assumes no responsibility for and shall not be liable for any unsafe conditions or health hazards including pandemics or other illnesses. Sky Bird Travel has no special knowledge of dangers during travel or at destinations. For information related to such dangers, it is recommended you visit the State Department travel website at www.travel.state.gov, click on “Find International travel Information” then click on “Country Information”, and fill in the name of the destination country. For medical and health information, it is recommended you visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website at www.cdc.gov/travel, then click on “Destinations” and scroll to the name of the destination country.
- Vaccination Requirements and Other Rules: Sky Bird Travel has no responsibility for COVID-19-related requirements that travel suppliers and governments may impose from time to time, such as required vaccinations, health affidavit forms, COVID-19 screenings prior to departure or upon arrival, face coverings, or quarantines. For the latest COVID-19 government travel regulations, it is recommended you visit IATA’s website. For the latest travel supplier requirements, check the website of each supplier, and keep checking because these rules are constantly changing, and Sky Bird Travel is not responsible for those changes.
- Rebooking: If requested, Sky Bird Travel will assist with obtaining any refunds due or rebooking trips for future credits based on airline/supplier rules. Sky Bird Travel will charge a non-refundable fee for our services in addition to any applicable airline/supplier fees.
- Insurance: For your protection, it is strongly recommended that you purchase trip cancellation and travel accident insurance. Please note that, unless you buy a cancel-for-any-reason policy, most policies have a specific clause stating they do not cover epidemics and pandemics, especially when travel warnings are in place. No representation or description of the insurance made by Sky Bird Travel constitutes a binding assurance or promise about the insurance. You agree to hold Sky Bird Travel harmless for your election not to purchase travel insurance or for any denial of claim by travel insurer as it relates to COVID-19 or any other claim under the policy.
- Financial Condition of Travel Suppliers: Sky Bird Travel is not responsible for the acts or omissions of travel suppliers or their failure to adhere to their own schedules, provide services or refunds, financial default, or failure to honor future trip credits. Sky Bird Travel has no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of travel suppliers, and Sky Bird Travel has no liability for recommending a trip credit in lieu of a refund.
- RELEASE: YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS AND DANGERS LISTED ABOVE, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD SKY BIRD TRAVEL, AND ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, ASSOCIATES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, GUIDES, GROUP LEADERS, AND SUBCONTRACTORS HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTIONS, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND AND NATURE WHATSOEVER WHICH YOU NOW HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREAFTER ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE RISKS AND DANGERS.
- Claims Deadline and Exclusive Jurisdiction: All claims must be presented to Sky Bird Travel within 30 days after the conclusion of your trip. You must file any suit within one year of the incident, and you acknowledge that this expressly limits the applicable statute of limitations to one year. You agree that the courts in Oakland County, Michigan (State Court) or in Wayne County, Michigan (Federal Court) will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
CONTACTING SKY BIRD TRAVEL & TOURS